Looking for some inspiration for your next date night out? Look no further!
Planning the perfect date night can sometimes be a challenge, but in Barrie, the options for what you and your significant other can do together on a night out on the town are endless!
We've put together a few romantic, adventurous, and even unique Date Night ideas for you and your significant other with some help from your local Barrie businesses. Our list of 10 ideas has something for everyone, and we're sure you'll find something to enjoy together!
Indulge in a Fine Dining Experience
Image taken by Nick Laferriere - Groovy Tuesday's Bistro
- Groovy Tuesday's Bistro: Specializing in great food, good times, creating memories, and outstanding service at Groovy Tuesday's, you can enjoy the best of locally produced ingredients in their delicious dishes. Enjoy their seasonal menus accompanied by a wine list that offers a wide range of exclusive labels by the glass.
- Il Buco Ristorante: For years, Il Buco Ristorante has captured the essence of old-world authenticity with its Italian cuisine. Try out the authentically created dishes from their delicious menu while taking in a spectacular view of the lake! Also, indulge in a bottle of vintage wine in their beautiful dining room that offers a warm atmosphere for a relaxing lunch or dinner.
- Michael & Marions: For a memorable evening filled with culinary delights, Michael & Marions offers an intimate, casual atmosphere for an award-winning fine dining experience. The restaurant was recently awarded the Tripadvisor Travellers' Choice Award for 2020 and is sure to impress with its delicious menu, wine list and cocktails.
- Common Good Café & Social House: Known as the place to bring your favourite people, the Common Good Café should be on your short-list for your next date destination. Enjoy quality coffees, handcrafted cocktails, sustainable wines, and food made to order with love. Perfect for your next brunch date, romantic date night and everything in between. Reservations recommended.
- B’Spoke Bar: Offering a sophisticated dining spot in beautiful downtown Barrie, the chef at B'Spoke Bar has styled a delicious menu to enjoy, served alongside favourites from B'Spoke Kitchen + Market. Hand mixing exquisite cocktails or pouring from their select wine list, B'Side's atmosphere is perfect for lounging in the city.
Find more great places to eat in Barrie here!
Explore some Local Art
Image taken by Nick Laferriere - Maclaren Art Centre
Take in some arts and culture at the MacLaren Art Gallery on your next date.
With a permanent collection of 27,408 works, the MacLaren Art Gallery is a fantastic place to explore if you and your significant other have a love for the local arts. Located in Downtown Barrie, head over to enjoy their year-round programme of contemporary art exhibitions or special events and perhaps even join one of their skills classes to try your hand at learn something new together. As you wander the gallery, make sure to also stop by the Gallery Café for a light meal or treat and, on your way out, stop by the Gallery Shop to pick a memorable item to remember the day by.
Already explored the Maclaren? Find more local museums & galleries, here.
Play a round (or two) of Mini-Golf
Image taken by Nat Caron - Put Mini Golf
No matter your age, mini-golf will always make for a classic fun date night outing. Whether you're in need of a fun location for a first date or are looking for something to do between dinner and a movie, the glow-in-the-dark courses at Putt Mini Golf make for a great date-night activity. They might even insight a little friendly competition - winner picks where to go next, or loser pays for drinks!
Play Retro Arcade Games
Image taken by Nick Laferriere - Last Level Lounge
As Barrie's First Retro Arcade Bar, the Last Level Lounge makes for a fun date outing where not only can you and your date play an extensive selection of retro 80's arcade and pinball games, but also enjoy some great food and themed drinks! Unlimited Plays for $5 for all adults.
Experience the Local Brewery Scene
Image taken by Nick Laferriere - Redline Brewery
- Redline Brewery: Open as a full-service restaurant and brewery, the Redline Brewhouse is committed to highlighting the Craft and Art of Beer, and they embrace the unique sensory experience of quality, craft beer, brewing only the finest beers for you to enjoy!
- Barnstormer Brewing + Distilling Co.: With their great selection of beers and fantastic food, free brewery tours, special events & live music, Barnstormer Brewing + Distilling Co. makes for a perfect place for a casual date night out for beer lovers!
- Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery: Located in the heart of Downtown Barrie, if you're craving some colourful excitement, head over to Flying Monkeys, where you can experience the art of craft brewing with award-winning beers or one of their new Infinite Minds craft seltzers paired fresh, locally sourced food in their Tap Room. And, while you're there, catch one of their Free Brewery Tours to get a behind-the-scenes experience!
Catch a One-Of-A-Kind-Show
Image courtesy of Theatre by the Bay - The Ghost Watchers production (Summer 2021)
- Theatre By the Bay: Over the summer months, catch an outdoor performance by Theatre by the Bay on one of your date night outings! View local stories performed by local artists for an outing of unforgettable theatre!
- Five Points Theatre: Spend a date night at Barrie's world-class Five Points Theatre in Downtown Barrie. Offering a diverse selection of shows and events, there is something for everyone. Browse upcoming shows featuring professional theatre, music, dance and more!
- Talk is Free Theatre: Producing and developing a wide range of work from the periphery of the mainstream, concentrating on new writing, neglected classics and drastic re-examinations of established repertoire, the Talk is Free Theatre offers a wide range of engaging and thought-inducing productions for you and your date to enjoy during an upcoming date night. Get tickets to their next production here.
Relax & Reconnect with a Couples Spa night
Image courtesy of Scandinave Spa
- Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain: Access renowned Scandinavian Baths and Registered Massage treatments as a couple at the award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain. Situated in a forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood and Blue Mountain Resort just outside of Barrie, the Spa is open year-round from 9 am - 9 pm for guests over 18 years old. Enjoy the serenity of the outdoor environment (regardless of the weather) and unwind to gentle music and the singing of birds surrounding the property. Book now!
- Vetta Nordic Spa: Located in beautiful Horseshoe Valley, the new Vettä Nordic Spa offers an experience like no other. Book a spa night with your significant other and escape the stress of everyday life to relax, recharge, and reconnect as you move through an authentic Finnish hydrotherapy cycle. Indulge in a massage and be sure to treat your senses at their delicious Finnish-inspired restaurant or in-spa bistro cuisine. Relaxation awaits!
Make a Date to Create
Image courtesy of Creative Café
Discover your inner artists as a couple while painting some pottery on a date at Barrie's one-and-only Pottery Painting Studio for all ages!
The Creative Café supplies everything you need so that you can create your own works of art – together! Enjoy a coffee and tea within the peaceful atmosphere while you relax and paint your one-of-a-kind masterpieces! Choose from hundreds of unique pieces, selecting your colours and designs to give your masterpieces a personal touch. Perfect for your home or as gifts!
Cheer on one of Barrie's Home Teams
Image courtesy of Barrie Colts
Depending on the season, catch a local sports game for your next date night and cheer on one of our local Barrie home teams! Watch the Barrie Baycats hit it out of the park from the Coates Stadium, the Barrie Colts get pucks in the net from the Sadlon Arena, and 1812 FC Barrie in action on the field outside of the city.
Find game schedules and where to buy your tickets here!
Knock Down all the Pins
Image courtesy of Bowlerama Barrie (Facebook)
What did one romantic pin say to the other? "Let's never split."
For your next date night, consider the classic - bowling! Open year-round, at Bowlerama Barrie, you can enjoy 5-pin and 10-pin bowling in an exciting atmosphere featuring glow-in-the-dark lighting and popular music. Get treats to share from the full-service snack bar and enjoy the licensed lounge, billiards, arcade games and more for a night of fun at the lanes!
Play Games & Geek out
Image courtesy of Freaky Wizard Café
Offering a unique immersive experience, the Freaky Wizard Coffee House & Pop Culture Emporium combines a coffee shop and game café for you to share a love of geek culture while enjoying locally sourced coffees, teas, and magical confections on your next date night.
Within their welcoming environment, you and your date can hang out, play games, solve trivia, and complete puzzles of all kinds with a drink and sweet treat in hand. And, while you're there, nerd out while browsing their vintage toys and collector series products from Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Marvel, LEGO and more. Open Tuesdays to Saturdays from 10 am to 10 pm!
Due to COVID-19, all the locations promoted above are following health and safety regulations set in place by officials and might require extra precautions from you upon your visit. Additionally, their services and activities might be modified or suspended. Visit their individual websites for more information. Wear a mask, keep your distance, wash your hands thoroughly and above all, stay home if you are sick. Enjoy (safely)!