Calendar of Events
The Barrie & Area has it all to keep you and your family entertained all year long with an abundance of cultural festivals and events, many located along the waterfront. Enjoy a live theatre performance, watch a film under the stars or browse arts & crafts and culinary delights at Kempenfest and Open Air Dunlop.
Summer Adventure Travel Guide
Barrie is the central location for arts, culture and entertainment that the whole family can enjoy and experience. Plan your summer adventures now!
My Barrie Coupon Pass
SUBMIT AN EVENT
Submit your festival and event details here.
National Indigenous Peoples’ Day 2023
- Dates: 21 Jun - 21 Jun 2023
- Location: Midland
- Address: Sainte-Marie among the Hurons, 16164 Highway 12 East
- Website: https://saintemarieamongthehurons.on.ca/events/national-indigenous-peoples-day/
Huronia Historical Parks is proud to be a part of highlighting the achievements of Indigenous peoples through our education-focused celebration each year. For generations, many Indigenous communities have celebrated their culture and heritage on or near this day due to the significance of the summer solstice as the longest day of the year. It has been a nationally-recognized day since 1996.
- Drumming and dancing demonstrations
- Tasting three sister soup and cornbread
- Corn husk dolls and okies workshop
- Canoe display and wigwam work
- Garden and animal presentations
- Storytelling presentations
- Indigenous art presentations
- Indigenous artisans market
Event Time: 10am - 5pm
Admission: $12.00, tax included, per person.
Upcoming events, fun attractions, stay & play packages, coupons and so much more!